SNOW QUEEN 2014 APPLICATION - CLICK HERE
Miss Auburn Pageant
New representatives of Auburn were recently
crowned at the Annual Miss Auburn Pageant.
This competition engages young
women to support local charities, write essays, give speeches and interview with
panels of judges.
Winners will spend their year volunteering at community
service events and will earn scholarships at the end of their reign.
in photo from Left to Right
Junior Miss Auburn - Abigail
Dettbarn-Riley, Ms. Auburn - Melissa Vanni, Mother of the Year- Samantha
Danielson, Teen Miss Auburn
Rachel Peters, Miss Sierra Cities - Bree Geno,
Miss Auburn - Aileen Weaver, Little Miss Auburn - Megan Sands, Young Miss Auburn
- Marinna Grijalva!
Sponsors for this year's event were: Roper's
Jewelers, Mel's Diner of Auburn, the Auburn Optimist Club, International Fight
Sports and Foster Graphics.
- Little Miss Auburn - Megan Sands
- Daughter of Elizabeth & Dale, Student at St. Joseph's School, supports
Auburn Faith Hospice and wants to become a teacher.
- Young Miss Auburn - Marinna Grijalva
- Daughter of Chris & Jeremy, Student at Weimar Hills School, supports
Operation Christmas Child, and wants to become a Marine Biologist.
- Junior Miss Auburn - Abigail
- Daughter of Lorraine & Chris, Student at Placer High School, supports
Miracle Worker and works with the elderly at Eskaton Village.
- Teen Miss Auburn - Rachel Peters
- Daughter of Nancy & Scott, Student at Whitney High School, supports the
Alzheimers Association and wants to become a Special Needs Teacher.
- Miss Sierra Cities - Bree Geno
- Daughter of Deb & Ray, Supports Depression Counseling for Jr High &
High School Students, wants to become a Crime Scene Investigator.
- Miss Auburn - Aileen Weaver
- Daughter of Davina & Ed, supports the Folds of Honor Foundation,
currently works as the Merchandiser/Buyer for Cache Creek Golf Club.
- Mother of the Year - Samantha
- Married to Jeremy, mother of 1 boy, supports Champions for Change, musician
and store manager.
- Ms. Auburn - Melissa Vanni
- Married to Ryan, mother of 4 boys, advocates Healthy Food for Families and
is a food blog writer with her own site,
- Junior Miss Auburn Royal Court Members
- Teagan Stayner - Jr. Ambassador
- Aniyah Brown - 1st Runner Up
- Cheyenne Hale - Academic & Reliability Winner, 1st Runner Up
- Sam Mayer - Essay & Reliability Winner Nicole Tait - Photogenic
& Spirit Winner
- Teen Miss Royal Court Members
- Samantha Slade - Speech & Fitness Winner
- Jessica Neely - Photogenic & Spirit Winner
- Ms. Royal Court Members
- Tanya Worrell - Ms. Ambassador
- Heather Clark - 1st Runner Up for Ms. Auburn
- Alison Poroshin - 1st Runner Up for Mother of the Year.
SNOW QUEEN 2013 APPLICATION - CLICK HERE
It is with excitement (and a little sadness) that we
congratulate our reigning Mrs. Sierra Cities, Sheryl, on her new
We will miss her at our community service events, but we wish
her the best in this endeavor.
Here, in her own words, is the explanation
of what she is about to embark on:
"It is with much excitement I share some great news!
I have been acting and modeling for 6 years, and have been with an agent in San
Francisco for a year. After much thought, I made the decision to expand my
endeavors in the Los Angeles market. Last week, after making a trip to Los
Angeles, I was offered a contract by a highly respected agency! I have accepted
the offer, and am making a temporary move to the LA area for several months. I
was honored to have been chosen as Mrs. Sierra Cities this past April 2012, and
know that all my pageant experience has contributed to my success in my modeling
and acting career thus far. I will miss being Mrs. Sierra Cities, and the women
(and girls) that I was getting to know. My wish for each of you is nothing but
the best, and remember to always follow your dreams! With much gratitude and a
humble heart, Sheryl Casper. Mrs. Sierra Cities 2012."